Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesday, Volume I

Here is a list of books I've picked up in the last week. I tend to leave them scattered around the house and pick them up according to mood.


On the Meldon Plain by Pam Brondos
         Good, but a bit slow at this point. I lost my copy under a pile of papers and recently just found it while cleaning my desk.

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (finished)
        Predictable as the first book, though I liked it better than A Court of Thorns and Roses (Tamlin was kind of lame as a love interest and the whole "3 tests" was just overdone IMO), but this is not a young adult book. Very explicit sex.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
        Very easy to read. Also fairly easy to put down.

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
        Every time I pick this up, it makes me depressed about my own writing.

Henna House by Nomi Eve (finished)
        Incredible historical fiction about Yemeni Jews in the early 20th century

The Crescent Spy by Michael Wallace (finished)
        Good Civil War historical fiction. I only wish I knew how much of it was true!

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
        Enjoying the world building, but it's easy to put down for me.

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.
         Why isn't this grabbing me? Not uninteresting or unpleasant, just very easy to put down and forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment