Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Talko Tuesday: June 7, 2016

I'm going to try to make Tuesdays a day for updates and news.

Soooo.... edits.

Yeah. Been through 2 rounds now.

Intense. Brain-frying. It is so much harder to do things with other people depending on me. It's all made worse by the fact that it usually takes me 2 tries to get something right. Always has.

Which makes me suspect the stuff I just turned in will need more than a curry comb.

And I can't say more because I'm just waiting to hear back whether it's good enough to head into copy edits.

Waiting.

There's other things going on behind the curtain that I don't know about yet because I've been focusing on these edits. I'm in this weird limbo of not being able to do anything other than the edits, which is probably a main reason I've thrown myself so hard against that wall.

I wish I had more to say on the book front, but maybe next week I'll have more.


In other news, I'm going to be teaching two classes at the local writing center this summer! Not only that, but I have students (plural!) signed up in both!


Also your local Barnes & Noble is hosting B-Fest this weekend for young adult books. Even though I don't have anything to give or say, I'm participating as a volunteer. Obviously I have a vested interest in making this a success so they do it next year.


What I'm working on most outside DAS BOOK:
           A Cinderella retelling I call A Rather Unusual Shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment